Tuesday, April 8, 2008

April 4th Ultrasound Visit

Well, it has been over 2 weeks since I've updated you on our IVF journey. I have been taking a morning shot of .1 cc Lupron for 14 days. On April 4th (last Friday) my Lupron dose decreased to .05 cc. I also had an ultrasound that morning to see how the Lupron was treating me. And, as expected, my folicles were looking good. My body usually does cooperate with these fertility meds. I met with the nurse and she game me a HUGE box with all kinds of meds and supplies. I received Follistim that day along with Menopur. Follistim is the drug that induces the development of multiple eggs, the important drug! So I was instructed to draw up 75 iu (units) of follistim and mix it with the Menopur solution (which is a powder). I feel like I could be a nurse after mixing all these meds! Then I draw up into another syringe the mixture. That goes right there in my belly...every night. The Lupron is a morning shot. So to total number all the needles that I have injected into my belly in the past 2 weeks = 24 total shots. Not to mention all the blood work I've had! I continued this procedure for 3 days (April 4, 5, and 6th). On Monday morning at 7:00 I was scheduled to go in for blood work to check my hormone levels, estradiol. I got a phone call that after noon saying that my levels were not as high as Dr. Schnell wanted them, so to up my dose of follistim to 150 iu, instead of 75 iu. WOW, I double it! Of course Robby was excited because he thought the more meds...the more eggs! I'm not sure that it works that way, but whatever. I did the 150 dose Monday and Tuesday night (tonight). I go again in the morning (April 9th) for blood work to check estradiol again. We'll see if it looks any better or if I'll have to change the dose again.

I only have about 5 more days of shots then it will be time for retrieval ALREADY. It has gone by sooooo fast. I am very excited for the retrieval and transfer. Robby and I have been waiting for this it seems like forever. I will have to be asleep for the retrieval, but not for the transfer. I will keep yall updated with the visits, I have 4 more visits in the next 6 days, so I will try to blog after each one of them.

As for Holly, my girl dog, she IS pregnant. Yeah...at least someone is! We took her to the vet to confirm the pregnancy last Monday. She is due around the 1st of May. We will be taking her back in about 2 weeks to have an x-ray to see how many pups are expected. I will post all the pictures of the pups as soon as she has them.

No comments: