Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TRANSFER (April 19, 2008)

Hey Guys, sorry it's taken me so long to blog about the transfer. I told you how far the embryos had divided in my last blog, on day 3. Day four we did not get an update, so on Saturday morning, day 5, we arrived at Docs office at 7 a.m. I had to come with a FULL bladder. So I started sipping water about 6:30 or so. I didn't want to over do it because my friends, Emily and Hayley, told me not to drink too much or you'd have to pee in your pants. So I took their advice. Of course Robby was like "come on...drink that whole bottle and start on another one!" But I took it slow. They called us back about 7:30ish for me to put my gown on and hair net (whatever you call those). Robby had to wear one too. I totally forgot my camera so made Robby take pictures with his camera. Now the problem is, for me to figure out how to transfer a picture from your camera to the computer (this probably won't happen today :( The nurse said there were a few transfers before me so not to drink too much. About an hour later I had to go....so bad. So I went to the bathroom and peed for about 3 seconds and cut it off, man that's hard! Then about 30 minutes later the nurse came in and asked how we were doing and I said that I went to the bathroom but still needed to go. She said that I could count to 10 one-thousand. YIPEE, I ran to the bathroom so fast and counted all the way to 10 one-thousand...it was the best feeling ever. Two hours had gone by, it was know about 9:00 and finally Dr. Schnell came in with our report. I glanced at the paper work and saw:

-blastacyst
-blastacyst
-morula
-12+
-12+
-12+
-12+

Dr. Schnell said that the 2 embryos that were at the blastacyst stage were the two that she'd be putting back in. They had good grades (I think). The others were not there yet. Robby and I were wondering if they'd get there and she said that we'd get a phone call tomorrow to see how many made it to the blastacyst stage so they could freeze them. They won't freezed the embryos unless they are at the blastacyst stage. I thought surely the morula and a couple of the 12+ cell embryos would make it, but didn't want to worry about that. She took us back to the procedure room and Dr. put one of those butterfly needles in (she's good, I didn't feel a thing). Took some blood then injected some Valium. I could feel the Valium traveling up my arm sooo fast, my first reaction was to grab my shoulder. They said "yep, it's working!" Then the nurse asked me if I could feel it in my head, just then the lights above were blurry. The procedure took about 10 or so minutes. Robby got to sit right next to me. He said you could see the "air bubble" go into my uterus, which indicated that the embryos had gone in. After that I had to just lay still on my back for an hour. I slept the first 30 minutes and then woke up. I had to go to the bathroom so bad (again) but held it because I refuse to go in a bed pan, which is what I would have had to do. That was a long 30 minutes! After that, we went home and it was time for bed rest!!! I was so excited. My favorite thing to do is sleep and I was about to get to do it for 3 days.

Well, after about 4 hours of bed rest I couldn't stand it any longer...all I wanted to do was get up and vacuum. I just set there and watched Robby vacuum, clean toilets, sweep, do the dishes, mow, he went grocery shopping, did ALL the laundry, and cooked dinner. It was nice, but I felt so helpless. That was Saturday.

Sunday morning I got the phone call from the embryologist to update us on the rest of our embryos. NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING made it!!! How could this be? We had one Morula, and several 12+ cells, how could NONE of them make it to the blastacyst stage??? I cried for a little while, then Robby made me feel better (he always does...that's why I love him so much). He said that the good Lord will be giving us the two that we have, and we didn't need the rest! Good Lord, I hope he's right. He's always thinking positive. We are not, however, naive...but our only hope is to TRUELY BELIEVE that the embryos put back into me are our miracles!!! By the end of the day...I had a HUGE fever blister on my lip. Hummmm, could that be from stress??? A BIG thanks to my friend Hayley, who brought me home-made yummy mac and cheese and the best ever cake balls! Love you!!!

Since that phone call I've decided that I should take ANOTHER day of bed rest. Yes, as bored as I am, I think it's that right thing to do. That way I can't say "what if I had rested one more day..." So today, Tuesday, is my last day at home. I will be returning to work tomorrow. My goal is to NOT let 22 6 and 7 year olds stress me out the rest of the year...GOOD LUCK with that! I should find out whether we have a positive or negative pregnancy test in a little over a week. And I will let everyone know...either way! We haven't discussed what we will do if it's negative (since we have NO embryos left), but I am hoping my next blog will be titled POSITIVE.

Here is an update on Holly. She is getting so big...I'm a little jealous (of a dog!) That's sad. Robby calls her mama and rubs her feet. I hope he does that to me when I'm big and fat! Her boobs are filling up with milk and she licks them all the time. Hayley says she's trying to toughen them up for the pups...that makes sense. I did take a picture of her this morning, so here it is. Ok, for some reason I can't upload the picture to the blog right now. But I will post it next time.

Kelly

No comments: