This morning I had to go into the Dr. office again to be randomized for the study medication. I was given the Crinone, progesterone gel. If you remember when I first started blogging I mentioned that the IVF "study" was to see if the progesterone ring worked. You were either randomized to the ring (which is not FDA approved) or you would get the gel (which is FDA approved). I was given the Crinone gel. I am to insert this gel every morning at the same time for up to 10 weeks (if I have a positive pregnancy test).
Tod, who is the embryologists (I guess that's his title), and watches our embryos everyday called this morning to update us on how they were doing. He said that 8 of the 9 eggs fertilized. I was a little confused because I thought that he said yesterday that 9 had fertilized. But I was wrong. Yesterday, the day of retrieval, 10 eggs were taken, but 9 of those were mature (not fertilized). Of those 9 mature eggs, 8 fertilized. Which is very good, because the nurse told me this morning that usually about half fertilize. YEAH, and what a relief! Tod said that he would call me again in the morning to tell me how they have divided and when the transfer would be. He thinks that 90% the transfer will be on Saturday. That is the day of my sister-n-laws HUGE wedding shower, which I will hate to miss - but will have to.
Well, please say more prayers for our little embryos - that they will continue to divide well and that we won't lose any of them.
Will post again tomorrow.
Kelly and Robby
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment