Thursday, April 17, 2008

DIVISION (Day 3)

Well, my phone call from Tod came really early (7:30 a.m.) which I was happy about since I missed his call yesterday during class. He said that all 7 continued to divide. Four of the embryos were 8-cell, and 3 of the embryos were 4-cell. I will not receive a phone call tomorrow because they don't call on day 4. But a day 4 embryo will look like the following picture called a Morula.

A morula contains about 10 - 30 cells or so. The morula stage is the final stage prior to formation of a fluid filled cavity called the blastocoel cavity.

Then the day of the transfer (day 5) the embryos are called a blastocyst. Here is a picture of that.

Blastocyst picture of a high quality human blastocyst embryo 5 days after in vitro fertilization
The clump of cells in the 10 to 12 o'clock area in the picture make up the inner cell mass which become the fetus

I still have to be at the Dr. office Saturday morning at 7 a.m. Dr. Schnell will speak with us first before the transfer to go over the "grading" of the embryos. After the transfer I will have to remain laying for 1 to 2 hours before we are dismissed. That's about it for now. I will not blog tomorrow, since I won't have any news. But if I feel up to it I will blog again on Saturday night.

Keep the prayers coming, they are truely working.
Thanks,
Kelly and Robby

No comments: