Monday, April 14, 2008

EGG RETRIEVAL

Yesterday, Sunday, was a beautiful day outside and for my body as well (except for the enema). I didn't have to take any shots or have any office visits. Robby and I cleaned inside and out all day. We cleaned out the whelping box where Holly will have her pups and tried to get her used to it. We also spent some of the day out front just enjoying the weather. Here are some pics.


Brady, Holly, and Me

Here is big mama and me!

Had to take a picture of our cat, Emma. She loves the flowers.

Love birds!

Love birds again! Didn't Rob do a good job on the yard! Oh, that's MY flower bed!

Here's Holly in her whelping box. We want her to get used to it.
Brady's jealous of Holly and wants out!


Last night I could hardly sleep. I tried to get to sleep at 9:00, but with Robby up watching Kempner football games and "grading" the games (whatever...he's weird). And then Holly couldn't stop licking her private because she is having lots of leakage (guess it's a pregnancy thing). I just couldn't sleep. Finally I fell asleep about midnight. The alarm went off at 4:00 a.m. I jumped out of bed wide awake and didn't even think about hitting snooze. Got Rob up and we got ready to go.
We walked out the door at 4:35 (a little early, but I didn't want to be late). Robby wanted to stop by starbucks for coffee but I freaked out and said I didn't want his little swimmers "on" coffee. Not to mention last night he drank a beer and I really FLIPPED. I know it probably doesn't matter, but I don't want "them" to be drunk either! So, we skipped the starbucks and went straight to the Dr. office. On the way there I had to take a Valium. I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure what it was going to do to me...but I LOVED it. I wish I had some more on hand!!! It kicked in about 30 minutes later and I was falling asleep in the waiting room and could barely walk. Robby was laughing at me the whole time and took a picture.


Me On Valium


Ok, here I am waiting for the procedure
Still on Valium


Can't believe I'm posting this picture
This is me with NO eggs :( or :)

So, after it was over I asked lots of questions and cried a bit. I sometimes get emotional after little procedures like these (yes, I've had a hand full of them). I didn't really have any abdomen cramping but my hands hurt sooo bad. The nurse who tried to put the IV in had to try 3 different spots until she got a vein. First both hands (and blew both veins) and then my left wrist. I already have pretty big bruises and have been icing them all morning. The nurse said that they took 10 eggs out. I couldn't believe it after Saturday mornings ultrasound showing that we would probably just get about 7. So I am very optimistic right now and just pray that those 10 are good.

I've taken several naps today and it feels good since I didn't sleep much last night. Robby has been doing a good job taking care of me. He made me chicken noodle soup and homemade hot sauce (which I'm not suppose to have anything spicy) but it was good! He is such a good Mr. Mom.

The lab called already today to update us on the our "babies" and 9 of the 10 fertilized!!! YEAH. I am so excited. They will call us each day to tell us how they are doing and on Wednesday I will find out if my transfer is Thursday or Saturday. I will have to take 2 days bed rest after that procedure (which is much easier than the retrieval). Except they do have to do another IV - and I'm not looking forward to that. Tomorrow morning I go in again to see if I will be picked for the gel or the ring for the progesterone study. I'll let you know what I get and how my embryos are doing tomorrow.

Keep us in your prayers, especially our little embryos!
Kelly and Robby

3 comments:

Debbie Dungen said...

I know I should be leaving something sweet and sentimental right now...so here goes:
No, wait - I just can't be serious right now - not after seeing Kelly on Valium!!!!
You know we love you guys!!!

Jeff and Debbie

Hayley said...

CONGRATS on all of the babies! I will keep my fingers crossed that they all grow to be big and strong little embryo's. You know that you and Robby are both in my prayers. Hang in there...the worst part is over (well, you still have the 2 week wait, but it's not that bad).

Robby did a great job on the pictures...I LOVE them. Oh, it's okay that he had a beer...ours didn't come out "drunk" and you know how much Cory LOVES his beer!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Love ya~
Hayley

Emily said...

9 Fertilized!!!!! YAY!!! That is such good news. I am so happy for you guys. Love the valium pics, that stuff really is GREAT!!! Wait until the transfer when they put it straight into your vein, WHOA!!!