I recieved a phone call on Monday March 17th to move my 21st appointment to the 19th...which was fine with me...the sooner the better. I also had injection training that same day. So my ultrasound was at 10:30 am. Everything looked good. They just wanted to make sure there were no folicles that had grown. After the ultrasound I visited with the nurse to discuss the Lupron medication. This is where all the shots start...yea! The Lupron injections will suppress my ovaries from releasing eggs too soon. The nurse showed me the needles (and if any of you know me at all, you know how I used to faint at the sight of a needle...I have come a LONG way!) and the jar of Lupron. After that appointment I left and went shopping for a few hours because I had to be back at the Doc's office for injection training at 1:00. Ok...this training kinda freaked me out. Rob stayed home to work in the yard...which looks good by the way. We have been off for Spring Break this week and worked in the yard A LOT, there are pictures below. So, at the injection training they showed us how to fill your syringe with the medications and mix different meds, etc. Then they showed us the IM (intramuscular injection) YIKES...this shot someone else has to give me. I was wanting my mother-n-law to give me this shot because she is a nurse, but she is having eye surgery and won't be able to. I really don't want Robby to do it because he laughs and thinks it's funny...which freaks me out even more, but that might be my only option. Or I could have the nurse across the street do it. That shot won't be until mid April...so I just won't think about it for now!
Lupron Medication
Here are our 2 new Crepe Mertle trees
We had a glass door put in yesterday so the doggies can watch us working in the yard
Today is actually March 22nd, and I'm just trying to update this blog to let y'all know what's been going on. This morning was my second Lupron shot which is really no big deal. It doesn't hurt much now but if it's anything last a couple years ago with the gonal-f shots, my abdomen will start getting sore after a couple weeks of injections. My next appointment is not until April 4th for another ultrasound and to get my stimulation meds (probably gonal-f).


7 comments:
Hi guys! I'm so glad you created this blog to keep us all updated. I'll be sending lots of baby thoughts your way. :-) Miss you! -Tamie
I'll be praying for your IVF success!! You both deserve it! If you need help with your shots, please call me anytime. Your friend, Katrina Weber
Hi there! I was wondering if you were going to post information from your last appointment. YIPPIE for Lupron...that means you are one step closer (hopefully your body will cooperate...unlike mine did this time). I'm so glad we will be able to experience the IVF "journey" together. God is going to bless both of us with a healthy baby (or babies) soon. Don't worry about the big shot...just sit on an ice pack for 5-10 minutes and you won't even feel it! Take care and hope to see you and Robby soon.
Love~
Hayley and Cory (and Holly) =)
So glad you did this, I have been thinking of you and your journey to mommyhood!! You will be in my prayers nightly :) Cassidy
Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!! It is so weird to read this because it takes me right back to last May. Love the picture of Holly in her diaper!!
I tagged you!!! Go to my blog to find out what to do.
Post a Comment