On Thursday, February 28th I started my period...I've never been so excited to start! But I knew that meant we could get the ball rolling with the IVF cycle. So I called the "period hotline", I know that sounds silly, but there really is such a number. They called me back that day and wanted me to come in Friday morning for blood work. So I was there at 7:30 am Friday morning. I met with my nurse and she scheduled my appointment for Tuesday, March 4th, for a hysterosonogram. So Robby and I both took off work on the 4th for that appointment. Robby had to have some blood work also. The hysterosonogram was fine, I was getting a little nervous at first, but it was simple. The nurse took a catheter and inserted it into my uterus and then injected water to see pictures of the inside my uterus and to make sure I did not have any polyps. The exam was good! After the exam the nurse talked to Robby and I about our IVF calendar. This is a very detailed calendar that tells me what medications to take each day. I was told to start taking my birth control pills the next night, Wednesday March 5th. I will take these until March 24th. The reason for the birth control pills is to control the timing of my menstrual cycle. The nurse also scheduled a "test transfer" appointment. This was scheduled for Saturday morning March 8th. Dr. Schnell did this (10 second - no lie!) procedure. She just wanted to take notes and make sure everything was easy to get to for the day of the retrieval. And of course it was! So, from there I just continue to take the Portia (birth control) until my March 21st appointment for another ultrasound.
It's going to be a long journey...but hopefully worth it in the end.
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We are so happy for you and Robby. You will definitely be in our prayers on a daily basis. I know it seems like a long time but before you know it you'll be as "pretty pregnant" as Emily.
Post a Comment