I created this blog for all of you back in December but decided not to send you the blog address until everything was set in stone. As of February 6th we have signed the consent forms and are for sure in the IVF study I mentioned in my first post. You are probably wondering "what is this study?" Well, the purpose of the research is to study the safety and effectiveness of the experimental drug progesterone vaginal ring, DR-2011, in providing progesterone as part of in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment for infertile women who do not have enough progesterone. That would be me!!! So here's the plan: we have to wait for my next cycle to start, then I will go in for some more blood work and begin taking birth control pills to control the timing of my cycle [but I will only take these pills for about 10 days to 2 weeks (I think)]. Then I will begin injections, a drug called Lupron, to suppress my ovaries from releasing eggs too soon. I'm not sure how long I will take those, but more details will come when I go in for my next visit. If everything goes well with the IVF cycle it looks like we might know if we are pregnant sometime in mid April...WOW. That would be great.
Keep checking the blog for updated information. I probably won't be blogging too much until we actually get started sometime at the beginning of March.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
WOW...too much in common not to meet! Cory and I are looking forward to meeting you and Robby hopefully this weekend. We are excited about the upcoming IVF study and wish you both the best of luck. It's a long and stressful process, but will be well worth it in the end. Hopefully this summer we will both be expecting miracles...and yes, we will have to catch some rays out by our pool! Can't wait to meet you!
Take care~
Cory and Hayley (and Holly)
I'm praying, praying, praying!!!
Post a Comment