Sunday, December 30, 2007

I'm Getting Nervous

Hello everyone. I've decided to create this blog so that I can keep in touch with all my friends and family about Robby's and my situation on becoming parents...of a baby (not dogs :). As all of you know, since the summer of 2004 we have been trying to conceive...and were successful one month off the pill, but at 7, or 8, or 9 weeks (who knows) miscarried. Of course Doc's first words were "Hey, you'll be back in our office within 3 months pregnant again". Not 3 months...but three years and two months later (Dec. 07) we still have yet to conceive. But we have tried: We did Clomid for 4 months Spring and Summer of 05---Nothing. Then we tried Intra-uterine insemination (IUI) for 4 months as well Summer of 06---Nothing. Then we decided to take a break for a year and start back up Summer of 07. During the school year I heard of this In vitro fertilization (IVF) study through Dr. Schnell at Center of Reproductive Medicine, so Robby and I held out for that, which was to take place in the Summer of 07. That was perfect we thought..."We get to take a break and it's FREE". We waited and waited for a phone call that summer to get started, then finally it came in late July...and we were rejected! Once again, a year rolls by and still not pregnant. Talk about an emotional roller coaster! Football season started up again and times got busy...so we gave up for a while. Four months later the season was over and we had our 1st doctors appointment with Dr. Schnell (I decided to leave our other specialist and try someone new). Just last month, in November, we visited with Dr. Schnell. I really liked her a lot and am very excited about getting IVF started. First step was to have lots of blood work to check for EVERYTHING...and test results are as I expected: low glucose, high insulin, endometriosis has probably come back (I've had surgery for this in the past). After Dr. Schnell studied my charts, talked to us for a while about a plan, and noticed that our insurance pays NOTHING...she mentioned a study that was starting in February of 08 (in 2 months). She told me at that time to stop taking my meds and to get ready for this study because we WOULD be in it!!! Yes, that is right, Robby and I will be starting IVF this February for FREE. Doc's word!

So, periodically view our blog so I can keep you updated every step of the way! We are very excited and ask for your continued prayers.

...I'm Getting Nervous

Picture: Brady & Holly (My babies now)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm am SOOO excited for ya'll. I have all the faith in the world in Dr. Schnell. Ya'll are in my prayers!!