Thursday, July 23, 2009

Summer is flying!!!

Man...can't believe I only have about 3 more weeks of summer left before I have to return to work. I will miss my little boy so much! Wish I could stay home with him but then I might not be able to afford to feed the little hippo. He eats so much! Three bottles of formula and three meals, breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in one day. Man, I feel like I'm always buying baby food. Can't wait til he eats our food. It is so cute when he watches us eat and drink and every time he starts saying "Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmm" It's like he is telling us that he wants some too. We've been giving him some of our food, like cheese and cheerios and some vegetables and he seems to like it.

Last week we were about to leave for our annual Austin trip and Anthony started feeling bad. He was running 102.1 temp so we took him to the doctor. He had to have some blood taken to see if he had something viral or bacterial. The nurse put a HOT PINK bandaid on him...you can only imagine what Robby's reation was!!! The nurse thought it was SO cute. The next morning they called and said that everything looked fine and he prob had a little virus that would just need to run it's course, and a couple days later he was better with NO fever. It was so sad. You could really tell that he wasn't feeling well. He would only want me (his mamma) which was really sweet and was tired all the time. He took nap after nap! So glad he is better!
Here is his Hot Pink bandaid


Well we had a great trip to Austin. We go every summer to visit Robby's sister and her husband. We took the dogs too...did I mention I'm getting a Suburban for Christmas?..and that still won't be big enough for our little family and the dogs! Anyway, we spent the day in Fredericksburg on Friday which was a blast. Anthony was a good sport and shopped all day with us. On the way home we decided to stop off in Luckenbach. If you haven't been, you must go. How CUTE!!! There are seriously only 2 or 3 little wooden buildings there and one road. It is so little. We stopped to get a few shirts and walk around there at the post office.
Rob didn't realize that he had to turn Anthony around for a family photo!
Here is the little Post Office where you buy everything: shirts, beer...etc.

While we were in Austin Anthony went to his 4th birthday party. My sister-n-law's husband's sister's son (did you get that?) was turning 3 and he had his party at this neat place called Pump It Up. There were HUGE bounce houses for kids and adults and Robby and I had lots of fun. But I have to say...it's not as easy playing at 30 years old as it was 5 years ago! Anthony also had fun. You could see it in his eyes that he wanted to play so bad. He was amazed by all the fun and the kids. We did put him in one of the houses and after a little crawling around he spit up...go figure! Did I mention that he is crawling after the dogs now...all over the house!




Can you find Anthony? He is amazed by all the other kids

No comments: