August was a very busy and frustrating month of mine and Anthony's life. First it all started when our babysitter from last year, Miss Kim, whom we love decided to take a job and was no longer going to watch kids. So we thought we got lucky and found another lady to watch Anthony. Sounded so good to! Well, his first day there (my first day back to work) I dropped him off that morning, he wasn't feeling his normal happy self and had a snotty nose. But soon after I dropped him off the babysitter called and said he was crying and wouldn't stop and felt bad. I wanted to go get him but was stuck on a bus in Sugar Land for a lunch with my school. LONG story short...by the time I got there the babysitter was crying and the husband had taken the rest of the day off to help her with ALL the kids. She had like 4 babies and 3 or 4 older kids that were about to go back to school. My impression was that she would only have 3 kids total..not ture!!! The husband actually said it would be a good idea if I found a new place and that his wife had taken on too much and couldn't handle it...WOW! So after calling and talking to about 5 different in-home daycares and 2 daycares I finally found one that would work. It was a very stressful week but we got through it.
So remember the runny nose I was talking about...well, the next day Robby stayed home with him b/c he started running fever. My dad came down to watch Anthony for the next 3 days. He ran fever for 3 days. The nurse kept telling me what to do over the phone and said I didn't really need to come in. Finally on Friday I called and made an appt for 3:pm. When I got there (and waited in the room for 1 hour and 15 mintues) doc came in and said he was very glad I came and it was worth the wait...Anthony's left eardrum was about to rupture and his right ear was bad too. He put Anthony on a 10 day antibiotic. He is much better now and we go back to the doctor this Friday for a checkup to see how his ears are doing.
So, with his babysitters and his poor ears, we have had quite an August!
Oh, did I mention Anthony got his first tooth also!!! YAY, something good did happen in August.
Well, it's been hard to find the time to blog since school has started. Anthony goes to the doctor on Friday and I'm hoping he can go ahead and have his 9 month checkup too. So we'll see if I post again soon!
Enjoy some new pictures!





1 comment:
I love the picture with him smashed up against the gate net...it screams you can't hold me back! What a cutie, glad he is feeling better from his ear infections, hopefully your new sitter will work out!
Post a Comment