Ok, the moment everyone's been waiting for! I've kinda been telling a little fib. I found out on Monday that I was pregnant. I just wanted to wait until today to tell everyone so Robby and I could be happy or sad by ourselves before everyone else knew. When the nurse said it was positive...I said "ok, so when do I need to come in again?" I just didn't know how to get excited. Don't get me wrong, I AM and so is Robby...very excited, but because I lost my first pregnancy 4 years ago, it's kinda hard to be overly excited. The nurse explained that this was a VERY EARLY pregnancy test and my HCG level was 56.5. I was 4 weeks pregnant that day. According to the study requirements you have to take another pregnancy test two days later. So Wednesday morning I went in again. It took them forever to call me back with levels that day. Finally at 3:00 (right at dismissal) the nurse called. My HCG level was 75.9 :( I just wanted to cry right then. I knew that technically your level rises about 60% a day...so I did the math and knew that it should be about 144. She did say that the level was a little lower then they expected...but to keep in mind it was STILL VERY EARLY! In fact if I wasn't in the study and was a regular IVF patient I still wouldn't have had my pregnancy test until tomorrow or Monday. Dr. Schnell wants me to have more blood work Monday morning to check the levels again. If they are still too low, we will have to schedule an appointment with Dr. Schnell to discuss what to do (I'm assuming a D&C...just like last time). But I can only HOPE and PRAY for a good high HCG level and try to stay positive. Please pray that this pregnancy is viable and that my levels skyrocket!!!
And by-the-way, Holly is still acting fine. Her temperature has not dropped yet...so who knows when she'll have those pups. Hopefully this weekend!
Kelly
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment