Saturday Holly's temperature finally dropped 98.0. This meant within 24 hours she'd deliver. She started panting Saturday night and wanted to sleep under our bed (she loves it under there and it's usually where she sleeps) but Rob and I thought it would be a good idea to put her in the whelping box just incase she deliverd. We got a baby monitor from a friend of ours to hear her during the night, but she just cried all night and tried to escape her kennel set up in the garage...so finally I got about 6 pillows and made a pallet on the floor and slept next to her. That calmed her down and she slept for a while (tossing and turning all night). Robby came out to the garage about 6 a.m. Sunday morning wondering what in the world I was doing. I told him I was going to get in bed and it was his turn to stay with her. I got in my comfy bed about 7:00 and not 20 minutes later Robby and screaming "KELLY". I jumped up and ran out there. Holly became a mommy with her first pup at 7:20. It was a girl. Robby did a great job helping Holly deliver the pups. The next one came at 9:00 (yes, an hour and 40 minutes later). I thought "Holy Cow...this is going to take all day!) It was a boy. The next 5 came a little faster and ALL BOYS. I was freaking out because we had 1 girl and 6 boys. Thank GOD the next 3 were girls and we thought we were done. It was 1:00 and Holly went to sleep. Poor baby was so tired. And so were we. We sat around just watching them and petting Holly for a few hours then Robby was going to run some errands. I was out in the garage by myself when I swear I noticed another contraction. We knew there would be at least 9 but possibly 11 from the x-ray. And we had 10 so far. I called Robby on the phone and told him to get home ASAP that Holly was having more contractions and bleeding again. He had only made it to the end of our street and turned around. We watched her for about 20 more minutes and out came another pup. A BOY!!! Another boy. So we have 11 total pups. 7 boys and 4 girls. They are just the cutest things you've ever seen. It was an amazing experience. I have posted lots of pictures...some of them are gross so beware.
As for me...I went to the doctor this morning for some more blood work to check my HCG levels. The nurse has not called with results yet, but I will post those tonight if you're interested with more information and possibly have my 1st OBGYN appointment set up if things look good.
Enjoy the pictures:
Kelly

Holly is laying down where I slept all night. She liked that spot better.

Robby rubbing the pup and Holly looking at it.

Here is one being born.

They latch on real fast!!!

Here is one already starting to dry. How cute!

This is where we kept them while the next one was being born.

Here are two pups trying to stay warm.

What a good mommy!

How cute is that???

Mommy's tired...Pups are hungry!
No comments:
Post a Comment