Thursday, May 15, 2008

1st Ultrasound

We had our first ultrasound today at 2:00. We didn't have to wait too long before they called us back. I was a little nervous...because I really wanted to see a heart beat or two and was afraid we might not see anything. But when she when she stuck that probe up me it wasn't long before we saw the sac. She zoomed in close and there it was...the heart beating. It was the coolest feeling to see a little heart just beating right there on the screen. I was so excited. After a while I asked if there was another one in there or just one and she said just one. I was kinda hoping for two just becasue two embryos were put back and of course I wanted them both to take, but I'm very happy with one baby. She measured everything, the sac, the yoke, the baby...and it all measured perfectly! However...when she measured the heart rate, she wanted it to be at least 100 beats per minute and it measured 85. I was worried after that. I just WISH that once we could go to the doctor and have a 100% perfect visit without leaving worried about something for the next week. The nurse said not to worry and that they would measure it again in a week. My next appointment is scheduled for May 27th. I think I just need a BIG coca cola to make the baby's heart rate go up!!!

Well, I would love to post more pictures of the pups...they are so freaking cute! But I am leaving for Austin right now and don't have time. I will next week.

Kelly

1 comment:

Lindsay Owens said...

Always eat Candy or something w/ tons of sugar to "wake" the baby up. Esp. when you get further along, it makes the ultra sounds more fun and the baby more active. The high risk Dr. , Dr Rowe, told me this, so I promise I'm not making it up! haha! Well, keep us posted and congrats!