Saturday, February 19, 2011

Meet Baby Avery...

Well, I was right...Baby Avery wasn't going to make it to the scheduled c-section on the 18th of February. I started having strong contractions Thursday the 10th and we had Avery on the 11th at 9:35 am. One of the test they did when we arrived to the hospital to monitor the contractions was to drink a liter of water. If you hydrate yourself then false contractions will usually go away, but if they stay or worsen (which mine did) it's true labor. This is when Doc made the decision to go ahead and take her that morning.



She is beautiful and has a head full of black hair. She weighed 6 lb. 15 oz. and came 2 weeks early. What I love about her birthdate is that it's the same as Anthony's...the 11th. That is really neat. I actually am the same as my brothers too. So kind of cool!!! Well, here are a few pictures at the hospital of my new precious angel...
Daddy in Scrubs
On our way to have the baby
Look at all that HAIR

JUST BORN


Here is the proud family...
Proud Daddy
Proud Mommy
Proud Brother


Finally after a very long 3 days in the hospital we were released and headed home. It feels very good to be home and getting back to normal. Seems like this recovery was better then the first c-section I had. I seem to cry more though...guess it's that post partum "happiness" you get after having a baby. I just look at my kids and cry...thanking GOD for blessing a couple that at one point in their lives didn't think they would have kids! AMEN
Avery's first car ride
Anthony and Avery
Resting Peacefully!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Congratulations again! She's precious and I can't wait to love on her!!!