Long time no blog! Just can't keep up with Emily and Hayley...y'all are good at blogging regularly. Lots has happened in the past month. Anthony went for his 2 month checkup and to get his shots. He screamed very loud while the needles were going in, but as soon as Robby picked him up he pretty much stopped. I was very impressed how well he did. He had no fever with the shots, just a couple little bruses on his thighs. The doc said he was playing "catch up" since he was a few weeks early b/c he had gained more than the average or normal baby. He weighed 10 lbs and 14 oz and was 22 inches long (I know that seems small, but that is a lot of growth compared to his birth weight and length.
Just this past week we tried introducing formula. Last Thursday evening I gave him a bottle of Similac Advanced and he ate about 3 oz and fell asleep so we put him to bed. Then at about 2 am woke, so I fed him another 2 or 3 ozs of formula...about 15 minutes into the bottle he started throwing up. It was VERY projectile and coming out his nose. He did this 3 times. I was screaming for Robby to come help. It really scared me, but he soon fell asleep so I didn't give him anything else and put him to sleep. That morning around 6 am I fed him breastmilk only...and the same thing happened, he started throwing up. I just held him for a while and we fell asleep. When the doctors office opened I called, the nurse said I should alternate formula and breast and thought the Advanced might be too hard for him to digest back to back. She wanted me to go to the store and get some pedialyte (sp?) and feed him that for 2 feedings then go to breastmilk for 24 hours...so I did. Robby and I decided to switch from the advanced to the sensitive formula (trying to avoid soy). We are now mixing the formula and the breastmilk together and he is doing great! I am having to start formula b/c my supply isn't keeping up with the demand. And I have to go back to work on Monday, so won't get to pump as much.
This past weekend my mother in law came over to take care of Anthony while Robby and I took a day trip to Waco to watch JB (a friend of ours) play a baseball game. He plays for University of Pacific in California. It was sooooo cold at the game and I missed Anthony...so I was very glad to head home that night. While we were gone Cindy took Anthony to Wal-Mart to have his pictures taken...so cute, but wasn't in the mood to smile. Guess he was tired. They had an hour wait. Doesn't it look like he is saying "What in the hell are y'all doing to me?" The pictures are so cute!!!





My parents came to visit a few weeks ago. They had a great time playing with Ant! Anthony showed off during tummy time. He is getting really good at it.
Misc. pictures, Enjoy...


2 comments:
He's a doll and looks so much like his Daddy. I could really tell it in the Wal-Mart pictures. Hope you can make it over this week. Em said ya'll were going to meet up here and you can get your quilt!
hey, i just came across your blog...anthony is precious! i just wanted to leave a comment...i had twins onthe 11th of december and they came home from the NICU on december 23...just like your baby...how crazy is that??
Post a Comment