GROWING LIKE WEEDS:
Anthony Ellis is growing so so so fast...we can't keep up with him. His newborn sleepers are getting too tight, we've already had to adjust the straps in his carseat, and most of his beanies won't stay on his head. He is growing like the weeds (or grass) in our front yard! Seriously...check out this picture of our grass growing into our flower beds. Robby won't do anything to the yard in the winter. This is actually a picture of our flower bed but you can't see the stone that lines it because the grass is crazy. Everyone else around here is mowing and still taking care of their lawn, but not us!!! It will be a sad day over spring break when we get out their and beautify our yard...Good Luck Rob!!!
A couple of weeks ago my Mimi and Aunt Diana (from Atlanta) and some other cousins came by and brought me lunch. They stayed awhile and chatted. It is nice to have that adult interaction now and then. My parents are coming this Sunday...and I can't wait! My dad hasn't seen Anthony since the hospital. They are staying all week, so that will be nice.
HOLY MAN:
Anthony has been to church 4 times now. He is so good when we go. Of course I feed him before we leave so he will sleep the whole time. I do fear during the service that he will have one of his "explosive" poops. They are so loud and he grunts as he's doing it. They really are scary...Robby and I jump every time..and then laugh :) They are pretty funny. Here are some pictures of us leaving for church.
Ok, I tried to take some pictures of Anthony (like I was a professional photographer or something) so I could get my birth announcements ordered and sent out. Here is how they turned out. EMILY...I need your help!!!
Anthony is 6 weeks old TODAY! Below is a picture of his 1 month old picture. I forgot to put a sign next to him that said 1 month (EMILY's great idea that she did with Bella every month). Oh well, this is his one month old picture.
This has been a really busy week. Robby was home Monday for MLK day, so we packed up and went shopping to Academy, James Avery, Dillards, and a couple other places. We also went to eat at BJ's on Bay Area (pretty good). I took a bottle and fed Anthony at the table. He was so good all day. And I packed a nipple this time! [Last Sat. night we went to eat at Mario's and I packed a bottle but forgot to pack a nipple...needless to say, we were getting our food to go and speeding home with a screaming baby on board]. I will never forget nipples again. Wish I could have just breastfed him there at the table, but that is another story! Tuesday we stayed home and watch the Obamaration all day. Wednesday I had my 6 week follow up with Dr. Nesbit. Robby's Mimi went with me to help since it was my first time out with Anthony without Robby (Robby is SuperDAD). She was very helpful. Took a nipple with me...so it was a good day:) We discussed getting pregnant again (whole other story...won't get into that now). No, I am not pregnant again...yet. Got to take a picture of Anthony with Dr. Nesbit (since we didn't get to at the hospital).
Today I have an appointment with a lactation consultant. Anthony and I have been a little confussed lately with the breastfeeding, so we are going for help. I have been pumping and bottle feeding him, which works well, but really want to get this breastfeeding down. So we will be doing that today.
Here are some more pictures of his bath time. These are last night. He LOVES taking a bath! Beware...nude pics!


1 comment:
I love the bath pic with his hands on his belly! He is too precious for words. What a blessing babies are for Mommy and Daddy and also for grandma and grandpa or in our case Nana and Papa. Call me while your Mom is here because I would love to see him and your Mom, of course.
Post a Comment