Monday, October 27, 2008

A Trip to the Hospital and a Baby Shower!!!

Man, what a week! I got word back from Dr. Phillips that I had failed my 1 hour glucose test. Guess I shouldn't have eaten the Ultimate Breakfast Jack from Jack in the Box and some coffee with creamer that morning! Oops! So I had to schedule a 3 hour glucose test for last Wednesday morning. This time the drink was red and had like 3 times the sugar as the last one I drank. I had to have my blood drawn 4 times that morning, every hour. Just so you know I have already gotten word back from the Doc that I passed and everything is ok...YEA!

Thursday at work (Oct. 23) I was coughing, as usual, trying to get all the flem up and suddenly felt this sharp pain in my chest that lasted about 15 minutes. It made me get light headed and dizzy and very clammy feeling. I had to leave my classroom and go into a room next door where our reading recovery teacher was. I asked her if I looked pale and she said yes and went to get the nurse. Because I had said the words "chest pain" and "shortness of breath" she decided to call 911, which landed me in an ambulance and on the way to Clear Lake Hospital. Once I got into the ambulance I had already started feeling better and wanted to turn around and go back. Not happening!!! I got to the hospital and my mother-n-law and Robby met me there. I had a lot of tests run: xrays, Doppler on my legs (checking for blood clots), Cat Scan, etc. Everything came back fine except the Cat Scan. It showed what they thought might be possible pneumonia in the lower left lung area. Well, I had been coughing for now over 4 weeks, so it makes sense. They went ahead and admitted me to the hospital and I had to stay over night. They started me on 2 different antibiotics Thursday night. Friday morning a had more tests run: an EKG and an Echo. Both came back fine. An internal medicine doctor came by to see Robby and me and discussed what he thought it was and decided to put me on oral meds instead of IV meds. The nurse went ahead and took the IV out. They monitored the baby's heart beat several times while I was there and he had a great heart rate every time. Dr. Phillips came by, said she wanted me to stay one more night (Friday night). I tried to explain to her that my first baby shower was the very next day, Saturday, in DALLAS!!! That didn't seem to bother her and still wanted me to stay, even though I had NOTHING hooked up to me and ALL my tests came back good. Friday night I asked the nurse what time the Doctor on-call would come by in the morning to release me and I told her my situation with my Dallas shower. She said she would try to do what she could. A couple hours later she came back into the room, said she talked to the doctor on-call and the doctor said I could go ahead and go home. I started to cry, I was sooooo happy that I would make it to my Dallas shower. My mother-n-law took me home and came to pick me back up Saturday morning and we headed to Dallas. I don't know what I would do without her. Thank you Cindy!!! I am still taking my antibiotics and actually feeling much better. The cough is finally coming to an end.

Well, I had my first baby shower in Dallas this weekend. It was wonderful. My Aunt Karen put the shower on for me and it was beautiful. I received lots of goodies. My nieces where there and were a big help too. I have lots of pictures below of the shower.

I also went to my 2 week OB follow up appointment today. Everything is measuring good and the baby's heart beat was 140...good! I did get into a little trouble because I had not gained any weight for 4 weeks. She told me I needed to be gaining 1/2 a pound each week from this point on. I guess being sick for the last month has kept me from gaining weight...because I am eating!!!

I go to Dr. Rowe to check the placenta Wednesday after school, so hopefully it has moved. I'll blog then to update y'all.

Enjoy the pics!
Kelly


My best friend Ruth, and me!



The Mimi's. This is my mimi and Robby's mimi.



The soon to be grandparents!!! My mom and Rob's mom.




The Host, Aunt Karen and me.


Cheyenne and Sierra were a BIG help!



My Mimi made this football quilt with Anthony's name on it.



I received lots of personal items with Anthony's name



Got to love the Activity Gym!



All my wonderful goodies!!!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

Geez...sounds like you had a great week. If I would have known you were in the hospital, I would have come to visit you on Friday (I used my "perk" day for beng a mentor teacher and was off). I actually went to CL Hospital Friday morning to register (Dr. Mike told me to go ahead and get that out of the way). This is my last week at work...bring on the bed rest. Take care of yourself girl.

Love ya~
Hayley