Monday, October 13, 2008

Glucose Test, 28 Weeks/7 months!!!

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged and I have a lot to say. At the end of September I went back to Dr. Rowe to see if the placenta had moved out of the way of my cervix...and the answer was NO. Still there!!! It didn't look like it had moved at all. Dr. Rowe seemed very confident that it still might and wants me to continue to come back each month to monitor it until up to delivery. If it does not move we will schedule a c-section probably sometime after Christmas but before New Years. So we will probably have a little baby boy for Christmas this year :) But cross your fingers and say a prayer that the placenta moves out of the way.

My mother in law has been AWESOME...thanks to her the baby's room is almost complete. We painted (or she did) the room two different colors divided by a chair rail. Cindy did all she could and then my father-n-law completed it. He painted the top of the room and installed the chair rail. There is just a little touch-ups to do then we can put the furniture in place. I can't wait for the room to look like a room!!! My first baby shower is Oct 25th in Dallas and I want to come home and be able to organized the stuff I get.

I went to my friends, Hayley's, shower a couple weeks ago and WOW...she got so much stuff...cute stuff for boys and girls. It kinda got me excited about everything. Her mother took a picture of us (which is posted below)...yes, my belly is getting big.

Everyone keeps asking me, "Are you ready for the baby?" ... Well, honestly NO. I couldn't imagine having a baby yet. I know it's a little TOO late and he's coming no matter what...but I'm getting a little nervous. If I have a c-section then there really is about 10 weeks left and the weeks are flying. I hope this is a normal feeling and I'm not a BAD mom already. I'm sure I'll be ready to meet him more in November or December...but right now...SHIT...what do I do? I have NO idea how to have a baby or what to do with him. I know I'll have a lot of help with Robby, and my mom and Cindy (mother-n-law). I tried to sign up for a "baby class" today with the cradle club at the Clear Lake Hospital, but all classes were full. So now I'm really nervous. The lady told me to try Women's Hospital, so I'll do that tomorrow.

Today I went for the glucose test where you drink that yummy orange drink and wait an hour and then have blood work. It wasn't bad at all. Everyone told me the drink was bad, but it really didn't taste that bad. I drank it in a few minutes and then as I waited I had my OB visit while I was there. Rob took the day off to go with me. Today's visit (28 weeks) started the 2 week appointments. So I will be going back every 2 weeks from now on. First thing Dr. said to me when she walked in the room was to go home and take my heels off!!! No more heels, only flats. I wish she could have written my a prescription to wear FLIP FLOPS to work the rest of the pregnancy...but I will wear them anyway. The baby's heartbeat was good, I think it was 130 (the lowest it's been), but in the normal range. My belly measured 29, so a little on the bigger side, but in normal range. Then she prescribed me vicotin...that's a whole other story...

About 2 1/2 weeks ago I started getting that drainage in my troat. Then I started coughing a little. Then it turned into that HACKing cough where I couldn't stop. It was horrible! I went to the doctor and she put me on several drugs over the counter that was safe to take...but nothing seemed to help the cough. I lost my voice and a few days of work. Then last Sunday (a week ago) I coughed so bad that I thought I had broken a rib or two. Man, it hurt so bad and I was in severe pain for about 3 days and decided to go back to the doctor. Thank God Robby went with me, because she sent me over to the hospital to have x-rays for my chest and ribs. The results came back fine...no cracked ribs and no signs of pneumonia...thank God. She gave me some cough med with a little vicotin in it for the pain. The cough has finally eased up, but the pain is horrible. I can't sleep at night, pick up my purse, turn to the side, bend down to scoop the dog food...nothing. So this morning when I went for my OB visit she gave me a pain med...yes, more vicotin. Surely she wouldn't be giving me meds that would harm my baby! I am a little worried about taking them, but the pain is so bad. Robby is afraid we are going to have a "crack baby". That's the first thing he said when we got in the car. I hope I start to feel better soon. Lots of people are saying their cough lasted a month...so I'm almost there!

Well, I hope I didn't leave anything out.
Will blog and post Dallas shower pictures soon!



The almost completed baby's room!



Hayley's Shower...and our bellies!!!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

It's about time you updated your blog!!! It's getting so close and I can't wait! This will be a learning experience for both of us...so don't worry. You and Robby are going to be great parents. I can't wait to see his room. How are the letters coming?

Hayley (and Brooks and Burkley)

Anonymous said...

Kelly...You are not going to have a "Crack baby" and all of the emotions that you are experiencing are completely normal. You both will make great parents! Thanks for sharing and let me know when ya'll schedule your Passmore shower. I'd love to see you.

Stacy