Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Placenta Update

Went to Dr. Rowe about a week ago and of course the placenta has not shifted at all. It looks like it is still in the same spot. The tech that was doing my ultrasound said it would probably stay that way and C-section would be in my future...however when Dr. Rowe arrived, he is soooo optimistic, he said we still have time for it to move out of the way. I told him about going into the hospital and his advice for me was to take it easy and STAY AWAY FROM SICK PEOPLE!!! I sorta laughed because well..I teach 1st grade and staying away from sick people (kids) is not possible. Just this week I've been sneezed and coughed on numerous times. I asked (kinda in a joking way and kinda not) if that meant I needed to go on bed rest. He said no and we'd discuss it more on my next visit. As long as I'm not bleeding or having early signs of labor I'm fine to keep working for now.

Oh my...during the ultrasound I just couldn't believe how big and developed he was. I said "I can't imagine what a 3-D ultrasound would look like". And before I knew it the tech switched wands and there he was ... in 3-D. He was beautiful! His nose and lips were so cute. We got to see him frown and smile...it was wild! I did get a few pictures of it and wish I could upload them to my computer but don't have a scanner. Maybe I'll try taking them to school to see if I can scan them in there.

Yesterday I went to my 2 week checkup with my OB and find out that she no longer works there! She is pregnant too and started having early labor so went on bed rest. But she won't be coming back after the baby...so looks like I'll be finding a new doc. One of the other doctors there in the office will be delivering me and I'm fine with that...as long as Anthony comes out fine. As for the weight gaining...whoops, that 1 pound that I was suppose to gain turned in to 5 pounds :(
That makes my weight 155. Prepregnancy I was 127, so that is a total of 28 pounds. So now I need to slow it down a little and really just stick to about 1 pound every 2 weeks. As of yesterday (Monday) I am 32 weeks and have 7 weeks left until the C-section (at 39 weeks) unless they move it up more. Dr. Rowe makes that decision. I go back to see him over the Thanksgiving break and then probably 2 more times after that.

Well, sadly I am leaving my 20's thursday. Yes that is right - I turn 30 on the 13th! Robby and I thought we'd be done having kids by our 30's but it doesn't always turn out the way you dreamed. We are just happy that kids are in our future!!! Thank GOD. Anthony is a miracle baby and we just can't wait to meet him. My parents are coming into town this week to celebrate my birthday, go to my BIG baby shower, and to Robby's playoff game. We have a very busy weekend ahead (so you know I probably won't blog until next week (if you're lucky):)

As much as I would like football season to be over so I can have my husband back, I am very happy for him and for the Kempner Football team that they made it to the playoffs. We play Clear Lake this weekend and I think we can beat them...but we'll see. WAY TO GO COUGARS!!!

Kelly

1 comment:

Hayley said...

I've been checking daily to see if you have updated like you were talking about! That stinks about your doctor..maybe Dr. Rowe will end up delivering you!!! Happy Birthday on Thursday (you old lady)! You should take the day off and pamper yourself. Take care and come by to visit again sometime soon!! Oh, I'm going to "borrow" your phrase when I go to Dr. Rowe on Thursday...I want to see what my babies look like!!!

Love ya~
Hayley