Monday, June 9, 2008

Am I still pregnant???

OK, it's been 2 weeks since I've been to the doctor and had an ultrasound so I could see my baby and see the heartbeat. It's going to be another 2 weeks before I get to go back and see it again. That is a total of 4 weeks without seeing my baby. Because I don't have morning sickness and of course it's too early to feel the baby, I sometimes ask myself..."AM I still pregnant?" It is like I need to go to the doctor once a week to reassure myself that I in-fact AM pregnant. I still have breast tenderness (not as bad...but still bad enough that they are off-limits)! This past week I had a few experiences where smells got to me. I was at our end-of-the-year awards ceremony at the high school on Friday and I had to go to the bathroom. Well, I just needed to pee, but someone else decided to stink the place up and poop!! Not that that smell is pleasing to me anyway, but usually I can handle it, getting in and out really fast. But for some reason I just stood there over the toilet gagging, and finally ran out for some fresh air. Whew...I thought I was going to die. Then a friend of mine that I was sitting next too was wearing (what seemed like) a lot of hairspray. Again...gagging! I finally had to get up and stand in the aisle for some fresh air. That is about all the symptoms I am having. Oh, I did buy my first pair of maternity shorts...man they are sooooo comfortable. I'm not showing yet, but my clothes are getting a little tight in the belly area...that's because I eat A LOT!!!

Well, when I go back to the doctor on June 23rd, I will be exactally 12 weeks! YEA, that will be the end of my first trimester...that's neat! That will also be my last doctor appointment with Dr. Schnell :( I will miss everyone there. They are sooo wonderful and nice. I will start seeing my regular OBGYN soon after that appointment, but not sure how soon. I need to call and find that out. That is when I will get to hear the heartbeat instead of just seeing it. I will let you know how those appointments go.

There is a lot going on this week. My parents are coming in on Friday or Saturday to help take care of the puppies, because my sister-n-law is getting married Saturday the 14th (that is Robby's and my 5 year anniversary) WOW...5 years already! We will be gone a lot this weekend because we are in the wedding, so we will be very busy. Thank God my parents are coming to help with the pups. I will post some new pictures of the puppies. The last pictures I posted, they were still in their whelping box, they have now taken over the kitchen!! And yes, it smells wonderful when we cook :)

Enjoy the pictures!


Here is one of our boys roaming the house...we only let one out at a time!



Our trip to the vet...Doc is giving them their first deworming.



Only some of them have figured out how to play with the balls.



Dinner time. You should see this, everything is gone in 2 min. max!



Then it's nap time...yes, in one big pile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't have any morning sickness, but sometimes I would feel a little nauseous. I went through the same feelings. My pregnancy was really easy in the beginning, but it got hard at the end. My husband and I are celebrating our fifth anniversary on the 13th! Yes we were married on a Friday the 13th, and so was my parents. We think it is a sign of good luck. Melissa Pierce