BYE-BYE PACI...
For the past month I've been slowly throwing paci's away. Our goal was to somehow take the paci away before we moved Anthony into his new room and before the baby comes. Momma has been very slow at this. I think I'm the one that needed to be pacified when Anthony fusses...not him :)
Last Friday morning (almost a week ago) Anthony woke up and handed me his paci. I told him to put it in his bed (that's where they always stay since the paci is ONLY used in bed...for about 3 months now). He said no and handed it to me again. So I took the paci and threw it into his bed. He was very upset with me and crawled into bed to retrieve it. Again he handed it to me. So I said "ok, I'll put it on your dresser". He seemed ok with that...so the morning went on as usual. I didn't really think anything of the situation. His teacher at daycare said he had not asked for it all week and hasn't had it one time for nap all week! I was surprised. Friday night when I told him it was time for bed he did not say "paci" and run to his room to get it. Instead we just put him in bed with no paci and he slept all night without it. From then on he has not even mentioned "paci"...so I guess it's gone for good!
WOW...that was easy. I didn't have to be the mean momma. Anthony decided on his own he was a big boy now. I'm so proud of him.


1 comment:
WOOHOO...what a BIG boy! B&B only get theirs when they are sleeping and I'm hoping that we can get rid of them all together pretty soon. But...since Burkley hasn't been feeling well, that's allllllll she's been asking for!
Post a Comment