I'll start with today and then work my way back to Father's day. You're probably wondering why it's been so long since I've blogged. Well, it's been a while since I've done just about anything!!! For about the past 3 weeks I've had a hard time getting out of bed, brushing my teeth, cooking dinner, playing with Anthony...all I've wanted to do is sleep and sit sit sit. Oh, and some nausea!!! Have you guessed what's wrong with me yet?
YES, I'M PREGNANT!
I'LL BE 9 WEEKS ON FRIDAY
TODAY WAS OUR FIRST DR VISIT
EVERYTHING WAS GREAT!
WE SAW THE HEARTBEAT
DUE DATE: FEB 25TH
Ok, now here's how it happened. Because most of you know that we don't just "get" pregnant...we need professional help! Last May I decided to go to my OBGYN and beg for Clomid. I thought my doctor would laugh at me knowing all we've been through...why would clomid work now??? Rob and I were waiting for another IVF study, but that could be months or years so I felt like I was wasting time doing nothing and thought why not take some clomid if my Doc would go for it. If you read back through the years of blogging you'll know that back in 2005 I used clomid (4 rounds)...nothing! Then had several procedures to find out why we couldn't get pregnant...then did four rounds of IUI...nothing! Finally IVF and we got our sweet little boy, Anthony. It took many years to get our little boy and I didn't want to wait that long for another one. But we just couldn't afford IVF, so we've been waiting for another study.
Story gets crazier...I actually took one month of clomid and then came across an IVF study in Dallas, not Free, but we just decided we'd pay for it. I called my doctor and told her I wasn't going to continue taking another month of clomid since I found the study. My parents live in Dallas so I'd just stay with them. Then about 4 days before I was leaving for Dallas to start IVF I decided to take a pregnancy test just to make sure that the clomid didn't work...or DID work :)
It's still so unbelievable...a miracle, truly. We are so excited that we actually "got" pregnant on our own with just a little help from a pill and no major procedures.


2 comments:
i can't believe it...this is AMAZING! congrats. God is sooooooo good!
That is awesome, so you and Michelle should be due around the same time!
Post a Comment